Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Red Carpet Ready!


Photo by Nhan Tran Photography

Just in case you have not seen my social media blasts, New Year's Day was the Red Carpet premiere of my first feature film 'Athena'!  It was a fabulous way to spend the first day of 2015. The event was packed out as two theaters were filled to capacity with VIP guests. Since then, I have had a lot of people message me about my styling and makeup for the premiere, so I have decided to share the details!

My gown was provided by  Kimberly Pixton Millar  from www.PixtonDesignGroup.com and my one-of-a-kind earrings were handmade by Brandi Bowen of Ever So Lovely Jewelry!
               

The Gown

Photo by Matt Vivanco Photography
This custom ballgown by Kimberly Pixton is a Masterpiece! Inspired by the Art Deco era, this design reflects the Uptown skyscrapers of Charlotte. Dubbed "The Morrison", the black sequined bodice bosts the flow of arches in the sequins.  This gown can make a girl feel like a million dollars! The dress even has hidden pockets, so I could keep extra lipstick and my cell phone for selfies, of course :P


Photo by Nhan Tran Photography

 The Earrings



My "warrior" earrings were provided by the very artistic and creative Brandi Bowen! I don't believe that this lady ever sleeps but she must because her designs are nothing short of a dream!!  I adore every single piece in her jewelry line but without saying... her creation for my premiere is my absolute favorite!!  The ear candy is constructed from vintage Athena coins hammered and bronzed to highlight the warrior goddess! Perfection. <3 (Find more of her custom pieces at www.EverSoLovely.com)

    

Hair and Makeup

Hair and Makeup artist = moi! By learning the process and with plenty of practice,  I have now begun to perfect my style.

For hair, I washed, blow dryed and pin curled each lock.  Ladies, if you have long, thick, heavy hair, like me, pin curling does the trick. Thank you Meredith Boyd for teaching me that technique! After leaving the hair up for about an hour (while I applied makeup) I was able to take the hairpins out and shake and tousle my hair into place... Voila!
Meredith Boyd teaching me the art of pin curling! Photo credit: Matt Boyd Photography


For makeup.. here it goes....
Products:
Primer- MAC Strobe Cream
Base- Chanel Lumiere #40
Concealer - Rain Cosmetics in Bone set with Rimmel Translucent Power (totally in love with this powder)
Contour- MAC Matte Bronzer
Eye Pallete - Stila "Into The Light"
Mascara - Chanel Voluminous Mascara
Lips- Rimmel Kate Moss Red
Eye Liner- MAC Pro Black and MAC Gel Pot
Brows - Anastasia Brow Gel Pot - Medium Brown




I did a soft smokey eye using my Stila pallette, like picture below:


For all those red carpet lights, contouring and highlighting is a must.

Courtesy of Pinterest.com


Having a lighted makeup mirror is the trick to making sure your makeup is flawless. The tools are also essential such as good brushes, sponges for application and blending.
Makeup Mirror from Target!

Last but not least is "wear that smile like it is a part of the pallette!"

XOXO,
~V

Stay tuned in for the next post soon to arrive!


Quote of the Day:
Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things do not work out, take another shot! 

Have a glamorous day!

XOXO,

V

0 comments

Post a Comment